Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We Moved!

Ok, it wasn't that big of a move but it has been wonderful! We decided it was important to stay in the same ward so we're only 2 blocks away. I will try to find a picture of our previous apartment but it was old and ghetto. We lived on the 4th floor walk-up in an apartment built in the 1920's. We lived there for 2 years and it was good but we were ready for a change. We found a couple year old duplex-type house with only one previous tenant. It is still only an 8 minute walk to the subway but in a more residential type neighborhood. The girls that live above us are my classmates and, I haven't met them yet, but I heard there is a couple with a baby in our building...Yay! I took some pictures to send my sister and thought I would share. I haven't really finished decorating - my Mom is coming for graduation and I really need her help.

View from the outside


Our old street smelled like dog crap...our new landlord plants pretty flowers right outside our front door :)


After you walk in the front door this is the long hall going to our kitchen and living room


The Kitchen...it's hard to tell, but this connects to the living room


Living Room...made especially to sleep many people :)


The Hall to the Bedroom



We love our new place...but mostly we love to have people come stay with us. So, if you want to come to NYC we'd love to have you!!!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I do love that new place of yours. I didn't think the old street smelled like dog crap...more like dog PEE! ugh. I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck with graduation

Unknown said...

Nicki it is so cool that you live in a nicer place. how is everything going? How was the lake? I hope that your graduation goes good. Good luck with everything.

Mandy said...

What a cute place! I'm happy for you. I agree...I vote for the sweet smell of flowers too. Congratulations!

Kristy said...

2010 is going to be the year when I finally come visit you. I'm psyched to come back and see New York and you and Nathan of course or "Naki" as I like to call you two. When I do come I may not be alone, in two weeks I'm bringing home a boy to meet the family, and to come to my family reunion. So we'll see. But your place looks great and I'm looking forward to one day seeing it for myself.

Lindsay said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog either! Now it's on my reading list! :) Glad y'all are doing so well!