Thursday, October 29, 2009

Graduation

Oh man...this is so overdue! I figure it is time to catch up on summer events before the holidays. Graduation was WONDERFUL! My whole family came (except Maeg of course) We did so many fun things!

Whit was the first to arrive. She had been in D.C. visiting her roommate Tara and took the "China-town" bus to NY - Despite her concerns she was not kidnapped ;) Sorry Sis

Me and Whit trek through Central Park with all her luggage- harder than we thought!


Enjoying the chaos


Cutie


Oh, and she won the lottery at "In the Heights" and we sat front row


The next night Mom and Al flew in and we met Dad and Grady in Philadelphia. They had been in Pittsburg watching the Pirates and met us in Philadelphia to watch them play the D-backs. We got trashed but it was still lots of fun! Note: you MUST try philly cheese steak sandwiches when in Philly!

We got a hard time for wearing our D-backs shirts but the crazy funs went completely nuts when they saw Nathan come in wearing his Dallas Cowboys shirt - so funny!


Grady's awesome poster!


Cute Girlies!


I love Whitney's appearance in this one :)


With my favorite boys!


Na was such a good sport to drive through all that traffic - we were on the road longer than we were at the game


Getting a little stir crazy in the car


The next day was graduation! Nathan and my parents got me beautiful flowers and sat through a long and quite boring ceremony.

The whole gang


They think my coat is cool :)


I have the BEST parents EVER!!!


Girls!


We LOVE Tiffany and Devin and will miss our fun Office nights :(


So, this is kind of random...I was telling Carly one day in class that my husband got a job at Alliance Bernstein - what do ya know - that is where Steve works too!


Some of my cute classmates


We go out to a nice dinner but really, we're just not that civilized






Playing in the rain (poor Grady had just run into the fire hydrant trying to wave at passing cars)


My Cutie Husband


On the last day we did some sight seeing and ended the night with a little Broadway.

Subway from the Bronx



Some successful shopping - of course!


Dinner at ESPN-zone in Time Square


She's either hiding from the paparazzi or embarassed to be with us. What a doll!


Dad was going to surprise Mom and take her to "Lion King" for their anniversary but of course we had to spill the secret when we caught her searching for tickets for the whole family. Thanks for letting us be part of your anniversary :)



8 comments:

danielle said...

so good to see pictures! i miss the olsen clan :(
Congrats Nicki!!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

A few things about this post:

1) You and Whit were adorable
2) Do you guys always win the littery? I need to come visit and have some of your luck rub off on me
3) Love that you stirred things up with your hometown attire
4)The coat is pretty freaking cool!!
and
5) I do notice a lot of Hansen coming out in these photos, and it has definitely rubbed off on your dad!!!! ha ha ha!

Lauren said...

My goodness...you guys win EVERY lottery. Next time we come back I am forcing you to go see a show with us...or at least stand in line for the lotto part! So glad you posted. WE miss you!

Kristy said...

Congrats again Nicki, and I agree that is one sweet coat. All of your New York pictures just remind me how I still need to come visit you. It will happen some day.

Mandy said...

Congratulations Nicki! I love the coat too. You have such a fun family. I love the pictures.

Unknown said...

nice blog with nice picture making enjoying the chaos. Your whole gang looks wonderful. enjoyed all the pictures on your blog. Iflorist.co.uk

Nielsens said...

congrats nick!!!!!! that is quite the accomplishment and i know you worked so hard.
i love all the pictures! I miss being with your family and i wish i could come visit! it always seems like you can host quite the party whenever visitors come! :)

Austyn said...

nicki you are so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! and skinny. and pretty.