Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nathan's Surprise Party








I didn't think Nicki had it in her. I knew she would want to throw a surprise party for my cumpleanos since she loved being surprised, and I kept on catching her in her lies...it wasn't hard...leading up to my birthday. But I starting doubting as the day rolled on because we went into Manhattan in the morning and we filled our day with little "surprise errands." Then, when the night came she tried to blindfold me on the subway so she could walk me to our final destination; however, I was not about to let her walk me through Manhattan blindfolded - I knew it would have been filled with, "oops, I forgot to tell you about that step/hole/taxi..." Anyway, we arrived at Rockefeller Center where they had ice skating and I gave her props for the good idea. I also figured at that point that there is no way we were meeting anyone there because it would be hard to try and coordinate people meeting there. Then, when I was waiting to skate I saw Jovin (one of the little boys that Nicki teaches in our ward) and still didn't think that they had come for birthday. I thought, "wow that is crazy that they came ice skating, too!" Then I realized when someone else we know showed up right after them, that Nicki had pulled off the impossible...actually throwing me a surprise party in the city. We had "Serendipity Night," consisting of ice skating and getting dessert at Serendipity afterward. I was impressed with the people she was able to get in contact with to come...it was serendipitous.
--Nathan

13 comments:

Spencer said...

Hey, didn't you guys blogged too. It's fun to find this.

Austyn said...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how DARE you start a blog without telling us? i'm so glad you did because i was starting to forget what you guys looked like. for realz.
WHEN are we hanging out??????

we only have like 3 months to fill each other in on.

call us. 1-800-coolguys.

Lauren said...

Such a bummer we missed that party.

Blog again soon! Allow me to suggest some possible topics:
-Tales of the apartment-keeper (AKA: SuperLuis)
-Top 10 ways not to get mugged
-How to totally dominate Craigslist

:)

CJ and Wendy's Family said...

it is fun to see your cute pics, keep the blogs coming, I want to hear about this robbery... love, cousin wendy

Mandy said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday. I feel bad that I never mailed the birthday card that Maizy and I colored for you, I ended up sticking it in the recycle bin the other day. I still don't know where you live. I love to read about you guys in "The Skid." I'm excited to read your blog now too.

Amber Smith said...

You finally get the blog, don't tell me about it, I finally find it, and now you don't even update it?!!! Something exciting has to have happened to you since FEBRUARY! I think I am going to have to come visit you and teach you how this blogging thing REALLY works :D

M and M said...

We hear you guys don't get on your blog very often because of your busy lives, but we figured we'd leave you our blog address in case you have time someday. We miss you and hope you guys are doing well! mattandmeaganharrison.blogspot.com

Tim and Jennifer said...

What the heck? When did you get a blog?? Obviously you don't update it EVER, but we think you should!! Looks like you were having fun...6 months ago!!

Kristy said...

Nice birthday surprise, props Nicki. I am new to this whole life of blogging but I love seeing all your pictures. I laugh to myself every time I pass Park Place. Things have really changed since then.

Our Little Fam said...

Nathan,
Hey it is Lida Clapier Ripplinger, how are you? I found your blog through sierra and spencer, which is really kinda random, they are some friends of mine from highschool, how are you connected with them? Anyway, it was fun to find your blog, I don't know if you still blog on this, since it hasn't been updated for awhile. But if you do that is great! we have a blog but it is private, email me your email and I can invite you guys! Oh I also heard about your calling, crazy!!
talk to ya soon.
Lida
theripclan@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hey there, I can't believe I actually found your blog! Yeah. I'm sure you are home by now & hope you had a great visit with everyone. It was so nice to see you! I have really enjoyed looking at all of your posts, nice way to keep up to date!
stay warm, ~Lisa Michelson

Tim and Jennifer said...

You are almost a year behind. REDEEM YOURSELF.

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Just wanted to point out that I've been waiting, over a year now, for you to update your blog :)